I was really eager to try this recipe when I saw it on Pinterest. I was worried I'd mess it up, but I managed to make it work by being super careful. I've never even made regular lasagna, so I was proud of myself for pulling this off.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups
You can find the original pinned post at Mmm...Cafe.
9 lasagna noodles
2 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
3 cups shredded mozzarella (or cheese of your choice)
1. Pour a 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce in a 8" x 8" greased dish or just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
2. Boil 8-10 cups of water and cook lasagna noodles until al dente.
3. Drain and rinse noodles with cold water to prevent them from sticking to each other and lay each out individually. Blot dry.
4. Spread approximately two tablespoons of alfredo sauce over each noodle. Sprinkle oregano and garlic salt on top of sauce.
5. Spread shredded chicken out over each noodle. (The recipe says 1/9th of the chicken for each noodle, but I never measure that type of stuff out.)
6. Add approximately three tablespoons of cheese.
7. To roll up the noodles, start at one end and roll the noodle over the toppings.
8. Place the roll ups in the pan layered with sauce, one by one with seam down.
9. Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the roll ups and top with remaining cheese.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese on top is completely melted.
My finished product:
I knew you would be impressed!
I had a lot of fun making it and it was quite yummy too. If you like chicken alfredo, you should definitely try this twist on an already great Italian dish.