I took the drug test and then the doctor called to ask what prescription medication I take on a daily basis. Then I had to get a copy of the prescription faxed to the doctor from the pharmacy. Then I was contacted by the background check people because they couldn't verify my employment at one of my previous jobs. The company sold their business to someone else a few years ago and didn't keep the old employee files. They requested I send them either copies of my W2's or the pay stubs from my first and last check. Ummm, this was like six years ago and I no longer have either of those things. So, I had to request a tax transcript from the IRS. That took a week to receive. I got it today and they sent me the wrong thing! So now... I have to call them on Tuesday and get them to send the right one. Grrrrrrrr.... this is taking forever! I hope the HR department at the job I'm trying to get doesn't hold it against me.
In other news, I decided to recreate some coasters I saw on Pinterest. It was so easy and they came out great!
1. I went to Lowe's and bought plain wall tiles for 79 cent a piece.
2. I coated the top of each tile with a layer of Mod Podge.
3. I cut a piece of scrapbook card stock in a square a bit smaller than the tile and placed it on top of the Mod Podge.
4. I let that sit for about 15 minutes and put a layer of Mod Podge over the card stock.
5. I let that dry for 15 minutes and repeated the layer step twice.
6. Once dry, I took them outside and sprayed them with acrylic sealer.
7. I let that dry completely and hot glued square pieces of felt to the back of the tile.
Easy as 1-2-3!
I'm not a very good photographer so this picture doesn't really do them justice! :)
Oh, and what did Rich get me for my birthday?
This cute watch! I was so proud because it picked it out all by himself.
And I have gotten SO many compliments on it! (but mine is white!)