How I began blogging...
I started blogging in January 2010. Well, that is when I posted for the first time on this blog anyway... I actually began blogging before then but didn't really have any idea what I was doing and the majority of my posts made no sense. Not that any of that has changed... but you know... I like to think it has sometimes.
I have always been a self-proclaimed writer. Not necessarily a good one... or a professional one... but I have always enjoyed writing. I always kept a journal growing up and I was big on writing lengthy letters in high school. If I was ever feeling frustrated, I always used writing as an outlet to get my feelings out. I would free them from my mind by putting them down on paper.
I've also always had some crazy idea that people actually want to read every detail about my ordinary life. I've always been that girl who told a little bit too much of her personal business to people she probably shouldn't have... but that's me. I don't really hide stuff well... even when it would be best if I did. I love that about me and I hate that about me.
So anyway... one of my dearest friends suggested to me that I start blogging. I tried it out and really enjoyed it. I found all of these amazing blogs I spent entirely too much time reading. I wanted to be a part of this whole blogging world... and so... here I am!
Why Jane Doe?
I hate my name. I've always hated my name. Not just my first name but my entire name. I don't hate it because it is some far out there name but quite the opposite. My name is so common. It sounds so fake that it sounds made up. If you Google my first and last name together, you come up with over 2 million results. I've always joked that I might as well have been named Jane Doe. So, my life is really a story about what it is like to be your average... run of the mill... common girl... what it is like to live life as a "Jane Doe".
1. My name is Jennifer. Jennifer Johnson. See? I told you!
2. I will turn 30 years old next Saturday.
3. I am not married nor do I have children.
4. I grew up in a small town in South Carolina that is located approximately 65 miles from where I currently live.
5. I now live off the coast of Carolina and I wouldn't have it any other way.
6. I grew up in a very conservative, Christian home.
7. My parents have been married for 44 years. TOMORROW is actually their 44th wedding anniversary.
8. I am the baby of the family. I have one older brother [of 5 years] who is married and has 4 kids.
9. My nephews and nieces: Ben ; Leigh Anna ; Lindsay ; Luke [9 months]
10. I have two college degrees: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Associate of Arts in Business
11. I was recently accepted into the Master of Social Work program but have deferred enrollment for a year.
12. I am currently unemployed.
13. I have one dog - Baxter. He is a Jackuahua = half Chihuahua and half Jack Russell.
14. I am obsessed with Clemson football. My one and only tattoo is of a Clemson Tiger paw.
15. I am extremely loyal. I even joke that I'm too loyal... even to products/brands. I refuse to drink Pepsi because I am obsessed with Coke [which I refer to as Coke Cola]. I also refused to participate in the Blockbuster DVD mail-in program because I think they ripped off Netflix. Scallywags.
16. I have an inappropriate sense of humor. You probably won't see that inappropriate-ness on this blog though. I don't typically portray that humor through my posts because not everyone understands and I don't want to offend anyone. :)
17. My accent is more southern than most. I don't know where it came from but I like it. It is hands down the thing I am complimented on the most.
18. My favorite weekly posts are Wordless Wednesday posts. I love pretty pictures. I could look at them all day.
19. I'm not very fashion savvy. I like to think I am sometimes.
20. Corny jokes make me smile so much.
Past posts that may be worth viewing...
[this post is a participation post in the blog hop "Oh How Pinterest-ing Wednesday" and showcases a trip down memory lane... i.e. 80's flashbacks] - listed here because of the high number of comments
[this post is a participation post in the blog hop "Friday Confessional"... it was my first time playing along and I was also instructing a friend--through the post--on how to participate in a blog hop.] - also listed here because of the high number of comments
[this post consists of me rambling on about my views on tattoos.] - listed here because it is one of my highest viewed posts, according to Google
[this post consists of pictures of Emma Stone.] - listed here because it is my highest viewed post ever. Side note: I am pretty sure that's because one of her pictures probably comes up on Google images and people are sent to my page if they click on the picture.
[this post consists of more random facts about me]
Some of my favorite photos...