1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Deviled crab. I hate all seafood but shrimp... and I have since I can remember. I have been open and tried several different types of fish but I haven't liked any of them... and the same goes for sushi. YUCK! And you most certainly can forget about oysters or clams or scallops or anything slimy like that. I'm big on textures. BUT... I was pleasantly surprised when someone conned me into trying deviled crab for the first time. It is so yummy and tastes like turkey stuffing to me! :) It is now one of my favorite things to eat and my favorite restaurant serves the best ones w/ sides of deep fried corn on the cob!
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?
No... I am not sure if I even know what that is... I get my recipes from old fashioned cook books or from allrecipes.com.
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
Cream cheese :)
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Nah... not really. Or not anything I can think of at the moment.
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
This sounds really weird but I swear to God up above that if you tried it... you would love it. I take those Sweet 16 powdered doughnuts and put butter on them and heat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. It melts the butter into the doughnut and I eat it with a fork for ooey gooey delicious-ness.
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?
I haven't cooked with weird ingredients... nothankyou.
7. Do you have any major food allergies?
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
No... nothing I can think of...
9. Do you bake?
I love baking... I prefer it over cooking. It makes me happy!
some cake pops I made on NYE
10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
Cupcake Wars - because I love cupcakes and it looks like fun!