25 May 2010

weekend recap

FIRST OF ALL - let me start off saying that I am SO excited about all of my followers!! Thank each and every one of you for taking interest in what I have to say (even if it might be simply because you want to win something...) :)

I am always a day or two late doing this... but anyway... My weekend was as lazy as they come and exactly what I needed. I was in bed every single night before 10 p.m. and it was lovely, just lovely. We didn't have any company to entertain or anywhere to be at any specific time and we need to have more weekends like that!

THURSDAY - Thursday evening really starts off my weekend since I am off on Friday's during the summer so I will start there. We went to our local comedy club - The Comedy Cabana - with my cousin Dusty and his girlfriend - to see a hypnotist. The first time I saw one was on our cruise back in February and I thought it was so hilarious that I was excited to see one again. The man we saw on the cruise turned out to be much more believable than the man we saw Thursday night, but the man on Thursday night made the guests do more provocative things. I'm not sure how much I believe is true... I do believe that some people are more susceptible to the power of suggestion than others, but I think some of them were putting on a little bit. The old man on the top was hilarious! He was like 70+ years old and was hugging up to that other man and making obscene gestures with his crotch!! Sorry the picture is so blurry... I took it with my cell phone!

FRIDAY- I had a doctor's appointment with the "fun" doctor for an annual checkup at 9:45 a.m., so I didn't really get to sleep in like I wanted. I was also there for an hour and a half! It was an hour or more before the doctor even saw me. There is nothing worse than sitting in a room (especially garbed in such an adorable gown) forever while you can hear all of the office staff cutting up and carrying on conversation outside of the door!

After my appointment, I went to my mom's to visit with her a bit. We went to the Playtex/Bali outlet and I got myself a new bra! Turns out... I was wearing the wrong size. I know they always say that the majority of women do... but no one ever really thinks they are one of the women. I was in a 34C and turns out... I am a 36D. That seems unbelievable to me, but the bra does fit more comfortably! We also had lunch at Ruby Tuesday (love their pasta salad on their salad bar) and stopped by Stein Mart. My dear mother bought me a new pair of dressier black flip flops/heels since my old ones were falling apart.  They are the Dr. Scholl's sandals pictured below (in black). I wore them to work today and they are very comfortable.

After spending time with my mom, I mostly just hung around the house watching TV for the rest of the day/night. I think I was asleep by 9 p.m. to be honest!

SATURDAY - Saturday, almost always, is our beach day. This Saturday was no different. We headed to the beach around noon and stayed until 4. My friend Tara who got married last month was in town... and I had plans to meet her and some of our other girlfriends for happy hour around six. The beach was perfect... just the right weather... and not too many people. I snapped a photo of Brian passed out under our super cool cabana.

After the beach, I met up with my girls for happy hour. Tara ended up going back to Charlotte that night so we weren't there for very long. Below is a picture of all of us girls... and we did not plan the whole pink thing. Again, after the happy hour, I went back home and laid around until I went to bed that night.

Baine's Mom, Baine, Me (not real sure why I look so cheesy), Tara, Corissa, Corissa's little girl Jordan and Corissa's mom

SUNDAY - I stayed in the house pretty much alllll day. I read a little, watched TV a little, played around on the computer a little... it was nice. I planned to go The Boathouse for their summer concert series that evening because Seven Mary 3 was playing.... BUT a huge storm rolled through around 4 and the grounds were wet & I just didn't think it would be that much fun... so, we opted to stay at home. We did get out for a little while around lunch time to use another one of those restaurant gift certificate's. We went to a place in Pawleys Island called The Island Bar and Grill. I had something called an Ooie Gooie. I'm sure it was loaded with about 56765437 million calories but it was delicious! It was a wrap filled with grilled chicken, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. It was yummy! Feast your eyes on that bad boy! 

Whether your weekend was filled with lots of excitement or lots of relaxation (like mine was) I hope you had a great one!!


  1. What a nice and busy week you had, the visit with the doctor and your mom, the happy hour, the night in the club (look at the old man on top of the others :(- I can't find the right words to describe his cooperative actions).

    I enjoy reading your blog and it's not about the give-aways. I am far enough to participate with that. Just want to let you know that you have good blog

  2. Aww, I LOVE SC beaches! I need to go back, soon! Oh, and I'm your 75th follower! :)

  3. That really look delicious! You and your friends are too cute! I wish I could go to the beach every weekend :-( Lucky!